The ERD Ice Diving Ops Course is designed to acquaint the certified ERD I Diver with many of the hazards associated with ice diving, overhead environments, and how to plan and execute an ice penetration mission.
Who this course is for:
- The certified ERD I Diver who conducts missions in/near frozen bodies of water
- The certified ERD I Diver who penetrates ice during dive operations
- The certified ERD I Diver who enters an overhead ice environment
- Minimum age 18
- ERD I or equivalent
- SDI Dry Suit or ERD Dry Suit Ops component
What you can expect to learn:
- Aspects of cold-water diving, appropriate equipment for ice diving, surface support procedures as well as scene preparation and lost diver drills
What’s in it for you and your team?
- Vital information necessary to safely deploy and complete dive operations under and on top of ice evniornments
ERD Ice Diving Ops minimum requirements:
- Complete two open water dives executing diver skills