This course is designed to give the certified emergency response diver the skills and knowledge necessary for recognition and identification only of hazardous devices underwater. This course is not an explosives recovery course or renders safety in underwater explosives protocol.
Who this course is for:
- A certified ERD I Diver who may come in contact with a potential threat or explosive
- A certified ERD I Diver who would like to become more knowledge on the steps necessary to take if there is a potential for an explosive device
- A certified ERD I Diver who would like the skills necessary to indentifying hazardous devices underwater
- Minimum age 18
- ERD 1 or equivalent
- CPROX1st or equivalent
What you can expect to learn:
- Identifying team capabilities and understanding team limitations
- Special teams to contact if the device cannot be removed safely by trained team members
- How to identify possible underwater explosives and how to mark the area of the device
- Underwater blast effects to the human body and the effects of shockwaves
- Proper medical care needs for an injured team member
What’s in it for you and your team?
- Structured training that helps to fortify team safety and knowledge of potential underwater explosives and the proper steps to take if a device is found.
Underwater Threat Assessment Ops minimum requirements:
- Identify a possible underwater explosive device
- Confidently and clearly explain how to perform a diver recall if a device is found, who to contact if device is found, and why the device should be left alone
- Explain the immediate medical needs if an accident occurs topside as well as underwater