The purpose of the ERDI Underwater Crime Scene Investigations Program is to provide necessary skills and knowledge in performing underwater crime scene investigations, preservation, and proper documentation for court-ready testimony.
Who this course is for:
- Certified Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T) officials, Coroners, Deputy Coroners, Certified Medical Legal Investigators (ABMDI)
- Search and recovery dive personnel, rescue personnel who may respond to an in-water evidence search or a water related drowning
- The public safety diver who may encounter potential evidence
- Minimum age 18
- Should be an active member of a law enforcement investigation agency or emergency first response group.
What you can expect to learn:
- Review of Bill of Rights
- Establishing a crime scene and terms/definitions used in the industry
- Witness interviewing and types of evidence
- Methods of documenting scenes
- Photographing, sketching
- Accident vs. Fatality
- Search patterns and securing evidence
- Body decomposition and physiology of drowning
- Body recovery and handling procedures
- Scene control and court document preparation
What’s in it for you and your team?
- Extensive diver training to allow for more team capabilities, diver response and mission completion
- Working together as a team for crowd control and with supporting officers
- Synchronized training that allows for proper evidence recovery and handling